Friday, May 22, 2009


A double date with Aileen and Stonelake.

We ate at a BYO-drinks Mexican restaurant, bringing our own sangria, wine and beer. Next to us was a long table set up for a birthday party, that was clearly an underage drinking fest. Kids that looked about 15 to me downing cans of Bud Light and chugging straight from a bottle of Captain Morgans. And being very loud.

As they left, one or two of them gave apologetic glances in our direction, while the others staggered and weaved their way toward... I don't know.. an emergency room?

Stonelake: Do you feel that? Do you realize what just happened?
Sarah: What?
Stonelake: Now that they're gone, all of the sudden... WE are the most obnoxious people in here.
Me: Uh oh.
Stonelake: I don't know how I feel about this. I prefer to have that buffer.

This picture is dark, but the restaurant behind them is entirely empty. Finishing our drinks, we overstayed our welcome by at least a good twenty minutes.

No comments: