Saturday, December 26, 2009


The usual holiday tradition of the family taking Grandma out to Pizza Hut.

"Is this the one?" Grandma asked, meeting Sarah for the first time, and then, "You did good," referring, I think, to both the ring and Sarah in general.

I take this compliment to be sincere since she is usually pretty straightforward.

Me: What do you think of my new haircut?
Grandma: Well... it's not really my style.

On the way out I handed my camera to Mom and asked her to take a picture of the two of us. We must have been confused about exactly when the shot was being taken, because we're not even smiling politely.

Me: [showing picture to Grandma] Oh man. [laughing] We are not smiling at all.
Grandma: You're not even smiling.

I think we look like an ad for a cheap family law firm, or some strange syndicated detective show from the 80s. 'Jake and the Grandmother.' 'Anne Marie for Hire.'

No comments: