Friday, July 24, 2009


There's just not much storage at our place. And I have a bad habit of keeping everything. Especially anything that has the slightest potential to be mildly funny.

Like this pen that's not really a pen, but actually extends into a pointer. I must have bought it back in my college Speech and Debate days and I've kept it ever since.

In an attempt to help me decide whether I should throw it away or not, I brought it into work this week. Occasionally during conversations I'll extend the pointer and use it to indicate some portion of an imaginary chart that I pretend is right behind me. "As you can see, our lunch options fall into three distinct categories."

It kills. Always a hit.

So, I'm keeping the pointer. And really, this has made me far less likely to throw anything away.

No comments: