Friday, April 24, 2009


I had two improv shows tonight, but after the first I ran over to the Gingerman for a quick drink with Megan and Alex who had just gotten engaged.

Steve: So... tell the story? Alex, how did you propose? Or maybe Megan should tell it. Which of you wants to tell it?
Personic: They're engaged now. They'll tell it together.

I had to run back to the theater for my second show. Backstage, I found that I wasn't doing a very good job of retelling the engagement story.

Young: Hold on, what was the chair for?
Sarah: Was Megan sitting in the chair or Alex?
Me: Megan. I think. It sounded really good when they explained it.

2 comments:

Arnie said...

An excerpt from the e-mail Alex sent to the cast of Whirled News Tonight (an improv show I'm in with Alex and Megan). The subject line was, "What did Captain Picard say to the two warp drives who loved each other?"

"Engage!

"And engage they did. Megan and I are engaged! I asked her to marry me, and she said finally!' Which I took to be a yes."

Megan said...

I also then asked that he not turn out engagement into an excuse to use nerdy Star Trek lingo. This marriage is doomed already!