Wednesday, November 18, 2009


After a hectic trip it's nice to be back in my own bed... Oh wait.

Sarah's aunt is giving birth, and the whole thing is going on much longer than expected.

To help out I headed out to the suburbs to watch another family member's children. Basically that meant hanging out in the strange house all night while the children slept.

It was just me and Tetley, the completely blind dog. The dog has been blind and living in that house for years, but still walks head first into walls every few minutes. That seems to be her way of getting around. Walk into wall, drag face and ear along wall until you get into the next room.

Late into the night, I let her out into the backyard to go to the bathroom. There were only three steps, but she fell sideways off of them.

I finally fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to the sound of the children on the phone pleading with their mother to come home, and no they did not want to wake up the strange man on the couch.

1 comment:

Innisanimate said...

"There were only three steps, but she fell sideways off of them"

Thank you for that laugh, Arnie.