Sunday, September 13, 2009


At the last minute we lucked into some free tickets to see U2 play at Soldier Field (while the Bears had their tragic season opener out of town). We went with one of Sarah's uncles who had the tickets.

Sarah: It's neat that when we woke up this morning, we didn't know we were coming to this show.
Sarah's Uncle: I think this is the first rock show I ever went to in a minivan.

I'd never been to a show this big before and we had great seats, right near the front of the second section. I'm not an avid U2 fan, but the spectacle of it all was amazing, and by the second half of the show, the songs I recognize started kicking in.

Sarah's Uncle actually disappeared during a run of great songs. He had run off to get beers, and got drawn into watching the Bears game on the mounted TVs.

Sarah's Uncle: It was first and goal for the Bears when I heard 'One' start, and I thought, "Well, I can miss 'One' I guess." Then it was fourth and goal but 'Where the Streets Have No Name' started and I was like, "Okay, okay, I gotta get back for 'Where the Streets Have No Name'."

No comments: