Monday, June 8, 2009


Hanging out at night in one of the cabins, drinking and watching some of my relatives play Sheephead, an obscure and complicated card game.

T-Bird: You figured this game out yet, Arnie?
Me: Give me a few years and I think I might start to get it.

Dad would mix me new drinks between hands.

Dad: I like to mix a little Canadian Club or Crown Royal, with just a splash of 7-Up, and then some water. That's the secret to not feeling so bad in the morning.

It wasn't until several drinks into the night that I realized he was getting the water directly from the sink.

Me: Dad, it says don't drink this water.
Dad: Eh. It's all part of the adventure.

1 comment:

Crescent said...

My husband plays in a sheepshead league with a bunch of Wisconsin people. I tried it once and felt like I damaged my smarts. Complicated is an understatement.