Wednesday, April 29, 2009


I had a cold. A pretty minor one, frankly, but I worked from home for a few days to play it safe.

One of my bosses, Amanda, sent out an email that read, "If you are sick, PLEASE STAY HOME. More than 40% of the company got hit by that lovely cold that went around earlier this year. We’re in tight quarters and on tighter deadlines. Please don’t bring any nasty germs to the office when a work from home day can suffice."

We even received little bottles of Purell in our office mail boxes.

Working from home was giving me cabin fever, though, and really, despite the occasional tiny cough, I'm totally better, so, today, for the first time in my life, I wrote an e-mail that read, "Can I come back to work now?"

I don't have a fever, so I'm back, although I have to put up with a lot of swine flu jokes.

No comments: